OWN YOURSELF

Fat phobia is everywhere in the media, but we're not down with that. Having curves doesn’t mean you’re unhealthy and loving your body doesn’t mean you’re encouraging others to take up bad habits. So I am here to set the record straight on body confidence at any size

I have to just say how excited I am!!! I am so excited because more and more I am seeing women love their bodies for who they are. Particularly those who are overweight, plus size, curvy, whatever you want to call it. I am also excited that these women are taking this confidence and love and using it to combat our culture’s norms and ideas about perfection and showing others that you can do whatever the hell you want skinny, fat, purple, green… just do you.

So the first step on my list was my conscious decision to start adding into my vocabulary two words that I found myself avoiding. “Thank you” sounds so simple and yet if you really think about it, we often do not use these words when getting a complement. We frequently make excuses or deny whatever compliment was given and habitually put ourselves down in the process.  So I challenge you to start catching yourself before you put yourself down and replace all of the self-doubt with a simple “Thank you”, even if you don’t believe or agree with what you were complimented on.

One day I looked in the mirror and said, my mom has this thighs and my grandmother and instead of putting myself down about something I can’t change, I am going to celebrate them because they keep me from looking like the girl next to me, they make me unique and that in the end is what makes me more beautiful 
Confident people are the ones that throw themselves into the fire, not afraid to take risks. In conferences they are the ones sitting at the table no matter how low on the totem pole they are, the ones introducing themselves to higher ups, and who shake hands firmly. When you feel worthy of what you want and you are comfortable with who you are, you will go much father in life than if you sit by the sidelines and don’t pull it back together when you lose it.

Secondly, I would encourage young women to wake up every day and point out the things that they love about themselves instead of comparing themselves to other women, overtime self love wins.  What really makes you sexy is what you project, your confidence and self awareness, having a great sense of humor and being really smart.

When people think plus size they assume it means overweight, fat or unattractive, but I have met so many different models of different sizes, beautiful women, as for me I am P.L.U.S, AND I LIKE IT

My journey is by far not even close to over and I will continue to work on who I am and loving myself. My new goal as of this week is to own my body again and I will definitely be talking about this goal in my next post. Until then I will leave you with this and all of my love.

                                              BOLD REINE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO BECOME A FULL TIME PLUS SIZE MODEL

5 BASIC MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT PLUS SIZE

THE CURVY GIRL'S TIPS FOR LIVING A FULFILLED LIFE